Dessert Hummus, just like the original, is easy to make in the food processor, rich, silky smooth, and tantalisingly dunk-able. It’s a satiating sweet snack made with whole foods, filled with protein and fibre. Especially easy and simple to whip up when entertaining a large crowd. ⠀
What you will need –
- Cooked chickpeas – 1 1/2 cups (drained)
- Tahini – 1/4 cup (try peanut butter for a fun variation)
- Honey or maple syrup – 1/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup (unsweetened)
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Chickpea water – 2-4 tbsp (can also use plain water)
- Add chickpeas, tahini, honey or maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and 2 tbsp water to a food processor.
- Blitz to make a paste. Be sure to scrape down the sides of your container to achieve a uniform creamy consistency. Add extra water if required.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Serve alongside fresh or dried fruit, cheese, homemade crackers or bread.
Store in an airtight container refrigerated for 7 to 10 days.
If you make this recipe, you know the drill: Let me know!